Sunday, September 12, 2010

Zombieland

If you're looking for a seat of your pants, harem scare 'em flick, Zombieland isn't what you're looking for. However, if you want a good laugh and don't care about a mindless wandering plot, then Zombieland is exactly what you need.

Woody Harrelson, Jesse Eisenberg, Emma Stone, and Abigail Breslyn run from zombies and ditch each other in this ridiculous spoof. If you haven't guessed already, then let me advise you that I didn't pick this movie to watch. Hubby did. 'Nuff said about that.

Being a good sport, I settled back in the recliner. Lights dimmed. Surround sound blaring.  He likes to  recreate the movie theater experience. I cringe as the French door panels rattle.

Lots of non-nonsensical shenanigans filled the TV screen and for the first third of the movie, I kept asking where's the plot. According to IMDb, the plot is "searching for family." Really? Hmmm, I didn't get that.

But, I didn't need too.

Once I gave up on trying to figure out the plot, the story arc, the character motivations, and so on and so forth into infinity, I found myself enjoying the madness. It was funny. At times, ironically stupid. No way in creation was it believable, but it was entertaining. And that's the point, isn't it?

Entertainment.

The reason we watch movies. The reason we read books.

An audience wants to be entertained. Whether its a deliciously decadent Scottish historical romance, a down and dirty western, a flight by night paranormal suspense, or a life and death medical drama our audience wants to be taken away from the realities of their daily lives and escape into another reality. That reality doesn't need to be true to life. It simply needs to be entertaining.
~Kristal Lee

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Total Pageviews